Sign Up for Plan On It! e-News

Home Depot Kids Clinic

Saturday, September 4th will be this month's Kids Clinic at Home Depot from 9am-12pm. Here's the skinny:

FREE How To workshop for families with children from 5 – 12 years old.

Just in time for football season, this workshop will teach children do-it-yourself skills and tool safety through building a wooden football rack.

All kids get to decorate and keep their crafts along with a kid-sized Home Depot apron and achievement pin.
CLICK HERE, to get more information.
 
* I took the man child last month. He enjoyed it but I did assume a Home Depot rep would be teaching facilitating the workshop, ie: how to hold the tools, safety, etc. Not the case! They hand you the project and you read the instructions and work it out. So bring a little extra patience because you'll be working with the child you normally would never let near a hammer, let alone nails. Once, I got over the initial shock that there was no one to ask if I was doing it right, we got to it & built a beautiful school bus pencil box.
 
My final piece of advice, GO EARLY. Last month my Home Depot ran out of the cute kids aprons and I really wanted one for him, lol. My son felt just as accomplished receiving his achievement pen and certificate.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Plan On It! e-Newsletter